Bitcoin Private (BTCP) is a hard fork of Bitcoin and ZClassic. It offers increased anonymity over Bitcoin and a larger block size which allows for quicker transactions speeds. Anyone who was holding Bitcoin or ZClassic on February 28th, 2018 during the block snapshots (511346 for BTC and 272991 for ZCL) is eligible to claim Bitcoin Private at a ratio of 1:1.
Claim your Bitcoin Private on Supported Exchanges
If you were holding your Bitcoins or ZClassic on an exchange that supports Bitcoin Private, then you won’t need to do anything to make your claim. Your account should have automatically been credited with BTCP at the time of the fork. During that time, the only exchanges that supported ZCL were Bittrex and Cryptopia, though due to their silence on the matter, it’s unclear whether either of them actually distributed BTCP. Currently, the exchanges supporting BTCP are:
- HitBTC (listing in process)
You can view the most current list of supported exchanges here on Coinmarketcap.
If you weren’t so lucky as to have your Bitcoins or ZClassic on a supported exchange, no problem! Follow the guide below to claim your Bitcoin Private in 5 minutes or less.
Claim your Bitcoin Private with Coinomi
Android and iPhone users can claim their BTCP easily with the Coinomi wallet app, available here.
1. Download Coinomi if you don’t already have it.
2. For safety reasons, we recommend moving your BTC and ZCL to a new wallet address before claiming. Your forked coins will remain in the original wallet address.
3. Create a new Coinomi wallet or import your seed phrase (12-24 words) from your external wallet.
4. Click on (+) COINS and add BTCP wallet with “M/44H/147H/0H” in the derivation path.
**If you’re attempting to import a private key from a paper wallet or QR code, you should click “Create New Wallet” in Coinomi and click “Sweep Paper Wallet” in the settings.
Claim Bitcoin Private with Electrum
If you had trouble with the previous options, you can extract the private keys of your BTC or ZCL addresses using Electrum and try importing those into Coinomi. This is how to do it:
1. Download Electrum (either ZCL, BTC or both depending on which coins you were holding during the fork)
2. Create a new wallet (choose “Standard wallet”).
3. Choose “I already have a seed” and create a new wallet with your seed phrase.
4. Export the private keys (Wallet>Private Keys>Export) to a CSV file.
5. In Coinomi, choose “Create a New Wallet.”
6. Click on the menu at the top right and choose “Sweep wallet.”
7. Enter your private keys and click “next.”
8. Never share your private keys with anyone!
9. If you prefer to keep your BTCP in Electrum, you can download the BTCP Electrum wallet from BTCPrivate.org. Choose the one that is compatible with your operating system.
How many ZClassic are in circulation and how many Bitcoin Private will there be after the fork?
There are about 3 million ZCL in circulation. When the fork was initiated, the total Bitcoin Private put into circulation was the circulating supply of BTC plus ZCL (currently 20,311,925 BTCP).
Where To Sell your Bitcoin Private
Congratulations, you’ve claimed your Bitcoin Private coins! Now, what do you do with them?! If you don’t plan to HODL, you can deposit BTCP into TradeSatoshi or BarterDEX to sell it for BTC, USD or any altcoin you want! You can make a deposit by going to your funds tab and clicking “Deposit” or “(+)” next to Bitcoin Private. It will take a few confirmations for your funds to appear in your exchange account. You can track the progress of your transactions using the Bitcoin Private Block Explorer.
#Claim #Bitcoin #Private #airdrops.io